Facility Condition Assessments (FCA)
Facility Condition Assessments are imperative for facility owners and managers to better understand real estate portfolios and required capital planning. Read our FCA and Capital Planning Blog here!
Your buildings are key assets that support business. Buildings also demand resources and capital investment to remain valuable assets. Budgeting and funding for your facilities can be challenging decisions, wrought with stakeholder bias, misinformation, and misunderstanding, but they don’t have to be. If you have the right data and analysis, confident and informed decisions can be made for both the short- and long-term, extending the useful lives of your buildings and eliminating liabilities from your balance sheets. BV is your team to get this process done correctly.
BV’s team of Architects, Multi-Disciplined Engineers, Certified Energy Managers, and Building Analysts have provided thousands of clients with unbiased life cycle analysis of their facilities.
Expertise that spans multiple industries and building types allow facility managers to trust Bureau Veritas’ professional opinions and recommendations. Professionals with specific knowledge of the unique conditions of Government, Education, Private, Industrial, and Commercial properties are appropriately resourced.
Field investigations confirm existing conditions, deficiencies, and provide differential maintenance recommendations for all sites, buildings, building systems, and infrastructure. Typical scope includes:
- Assessments that follow or exceed ASTM standards
- Evaluate the condition of building systems and components
- Identify the remaining useful life (RUL) of assets
- Recommend repair or replacement options for deficiencies
- Prioritize and categorize deficient conditions and corrective actions
- Establish renewal and replacement costs for systems and components
- Create a strategic plan for repairs, replacement, and modernization
- Preventive Maintenance Plans
- Capital Planning
- Provide a Facility Condition Index (FCI) benchmark for each facility
- Migrate FCA data to a CMMS or Facility Management system
KEY BENEFITS OF FACILITY CONDITION ASSESSMENT SERVICES
- Provides actionable data for making informed decisions
- Ranks and prioritizes capital budgets across a portfolio
- Life cycle analysis for maintenance prioritization
- Accurate forecasting for capital repair and replacement budgets
- Tools provided for maintenance and compliance monitoring
- Reporting platform for Capital Planning strategies