Bureau Veritas laboratories are renowned for the use of cutting-edge technologies to obtain the low levels of detection needed to meet exploration geochemical requirements.
We typically use a two-step process for analysis:
1. Extraction of the desired elements, and
2. Element determination by instrumental analysis. Extraction can be partial—to measure only non-resistive elements, or total—to measure the total abundance of the elements from all minerals in the sample.
Our Other Geochemistry Services Include:
- Sample Preparation:
Incorporating several methodical steps to ensure correct analyses.
- Precious Metals Analysis and Leaches:
Industry-standard fire assay options for gold, silver, platinum, and palladium.
- Classical Ore and High-Grade Analysis:
Our methods provide the high precision and accuracy required to quantify commodity elements for resource evaluation.
- Exploration Geochemistry:
Optimized methods designed to provide trace to ultra-trace detection limits and maximum anomaly to background contrast.
- Lithogeochemistry / Whole Rock Analysis / Carbon & Sulphur:
We employ fusion techniques to completely digest most refractory matrices. These methods account for structural water and are the only multi-element methods that provide quantitative determinations for silica.
We provide both preparation and analysis of vegetation samples for the purposes of mineral exploration.
- Neutron Activation Analysis (NAA):
A highly sensitive, accurate technique used for total sample analysis in most matrices.